Why should you create a Google my Business (GMB) account/listing? Creating a GMB makes it easier for people to find you locally, as most search engines generate results that are closest to you. Having a GMB listing will allow you to link your webpage, phone number, address and any other necessary information about your business, making it easy and convenient for your customers to access. You’ll also be able to control how the listing appears on Google Search and Maps, as well as become verified by Google. This will result in you having more credibility overall.
Follow these quick and easy steps below to create your GMB account/listing:
- Log into the Google account you would like connected to your GMB listing. If you do not have a Google account or would like to create a separate one for your GMB, you can do so by clicking here.
- Once your account has been created, go to google.com/business and select “Start Now”.
3. Enter your business name and click “Next”.
4. You will be asked to add a location that customers will be able to visit. Click on either “Yes” or “No” if you have an address you would like to add. If “Yes”, continue to the steps below. If “No”, please follow the next steps as follows.
5. Add in your address.
6. Ensure that your business is showing up in the right location on Google Maps.
7. Choose the category that best fits your business.
8. Enter in your business contact information.
9. Once you have filled out all corresponding information, click on “Finish”.
10. Once you have completed these steps, you will be asked if you would like to verify your business at this time. If you are ready to verify, there are a few different verification methods that you can choose from including postcard, phone, email, instant verification and bulk verification. Choose how you would like to proceed from here!
If you have any further questions on how to set up your Google account/listing or would like some assistance, please feel free to reach out to us — we are always happy to help! We can be reached at 1-855-428-2669 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.